- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Our||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin puree||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Softened butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Softened cream cheese||2 Ounce|
|Marshmallow fluff||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4422 Calories from Fat 2131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 242 g371.6%
Saturated Fat 65.8 g328.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 402.9 mg
Sodium 3418.2 mg142.4%
Total Carbohydrates 535 g178.4%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60.1%
Sugars 312.2 g
Protein 38 g76.6%
Vitamin A 621.5% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 97.4% Iron 94%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk ﬂour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & sugar together. Stir in pumpkin, egg, oil & vanilla, until well blended.
3. Using small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop 2 tablespoons of dough on the baking sheet. You should ﬁt 8 scoops of dough on a sheet.
4. Use a small spreading knife and ﬂatten dough tops until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Slide cookies, still on parchment, to cooling racks. Repeat with remaining dough until you have 24 cookies.
6. In a mixer, cream butter and cream cheese.
7. Add Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add powdered sugar and beat until ﬂuffy.
8. Scrape down bowl and mix until all of the powdered sugar disappears.
9. When cookies are completely cooled, spread about 2 tablespoons of ﬁlling in the center ﬂat-side of one cookie.
10. Place the ﬂat side of a second cookie on top of the ﬁlling and press cookies together lightly, to bring ﬁlling to edges. Repeat with remaining cookies and ﬁlling.
11. Serve with your favorite beverages and enjoy!
Because of the cream cheese in the ﬁlling, these cookies need to be refrigerated. When ready to serve, bring them out and leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. You can also wrap them individually in plastic, place them in a freezer bag and store in the freezer. They take 15-20 minutes to defrost.