- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Waffles Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||10 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice milk/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or soy milk, almond milk, any milk will do)|
|Low fat buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Vegetable oil spray||6 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 661 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105 mg
Sodium 763 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 83.2% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Sift first 7 ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ingredients.
4. Whisk the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour about 1/2 cup of the pumpkin batter into a waffle iron that’s been buttered or greased and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. To freeze the waffles, allow baked waffles to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready to serve, thaw then place in toaster oven or oven at 300 degree F and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
7. Serve with maple syrup or make into sandwiches filling with cream cheese and whatever other fillings you desire.