- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Tea Bread Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g56.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.8 mg
Sodium 722.2 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 62.3 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 138.8% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Take a mixing bowl, using a hand blender blend1 egg, butter and sugar. Then add second egg. Mix well. Add in pumpkin, rind and juice. Mix well.
4. In a second bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nuts and dates. Mix well.
5. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into pumpkin mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.