- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Stew Recipe Video
|Uptons seitan||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Celery ribs||100 Gram, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Sage||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Sea salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Liquid smoke||2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet pumpkin puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Veggie broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sage||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Fresh)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Fresh)|
Calories 834 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.5%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2753.9 mg114.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.4 g97.4%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 882.2% Vitamin C 136.9%
Calcium 39.1% Iron 71.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Saute onions and seitan in a big pot with olive oil on medium heat.
2. Add ginger, garlic, potatoes, carrots, celery, herbs, pour worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke and stir well.
3. Add pumpkin puree and veggie broth, bring the contents to a boil and then simmer and cover for 20-25 mins until potatoes are done.
4. Stir in fresh parsley and sage.
5. Serve this pumpkin stew as an appetizer or with steamed rice.