- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Spice Pudding Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant mashed potato powder||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butterscotch sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To Serve)|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.1 mg23.7%
Sodium 445.1 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.5%
Sugars 26.3 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 27.8% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a sifter, measure the flour, soda, salt, instant mashed-potato powder and pumpkin-pie spice.
2) In a large bowl, cream the margarine or butter with brown sugar till the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla and orange rind.
3) Sift in the dry ingredients, adding the orange juice alternately, beating well after each addition. Fold in the walnuts and pumpkin.
4) Into a well-buttered 8-cup tube mold, pour the entire concoction and cover with transparent wrap, foil or double thickness of wax paper. Hold tightly by fastening with a string.
5) In a kettle or steamer, place the pan on a trivet or rack. Pour in the boiling water to half the depth of the pudding in the mold. Cover the steamer or kettle tightly.
6) Steam for about 2 hours or till a thin and long metal skewer inserted in the center of the pudding emerges clean. Ensure that the water keeps boiling gently through the cooking time. Add more water if required.
7) Cool the mold for 5 minutes and then use a knife to loosen the pudding around the edges. Unmold onto a serving plate and cool slightly.
8) Over the pudding, spoon about ½ cup of hot butterscotch velvet sauce. Use several coconut ice cream balls to top if desired.
9) Serve after cutting into wedges with additional sauce and/or more ice cream balls.