- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Soup With Pineapple Recipe
|Canned pumpkin||58 Ounce (2 Cans, Pound+ 13 Ounces Each)|
|Pineapple||2 Can (20 oz), crushed, drained|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 781 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.6%
Saturated Fat 33.6 g168.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.8 mg
Sodium 597.8 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g57.8%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 1321.8% Vitamin C 153.7%
Calcium 35% Iron 36.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non- stick pan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions and parsley.
2) Add pumpkin and pineapple, simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring continuously.
3) Add water, cover and simmer for 30 minutes more.
4) In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with the milk, stir into pumpkin mixture.
5) Bring it to boil. Stirring continuously.
6) Blend in cream and salt, and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Serve hot.