- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Seed Candy Recipe
|Pumpkin seeds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla||1 Dash|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2255 Calories from Fat 1431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g253.2%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g121.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 47.7 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 163 g54.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.24%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 48 g95.9%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 48.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan, over a low flame, stirring all the while until they let out a nutty aroma. Tip onto waxed paper and let them cool completely, stirring occasionally to distribute the heat.
2. Add the seeds into a food processor bowl with grinding blade attached.
3. Start blender and pulse, frequently turning seeds down and under with rubber scraper.
4. With the motor running on slow, add the oil, in a thin steady steam and blend, until mixture gets hot and looks glossy.
5. Turn out into bowl and add the honey and flavoring.
6. With rubber scraper knead up on side of the bowl, squeezing out the oil.
7. Finish kneading with your hands.
8. Roll this dough into a log and slice.
10. Wrap in toffee wrappers and store in cool dry place.