- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut and Pumpkin Salad Recipe Video
|Sugar pumpkin||1 Small|
|Orange blossom water||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 127.3 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 742.3% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the sugar pumpkin into half.
2. Remove the seeds.
3. Place pumpkin in a microwavable dish. Cover it with a plastic wrap and microwave it till it becomes tender. If you do not have a microwave, boil the pumpkin till it becomes tender.
4. You know the pumpkin is done when you are able to spoon the pumpkin out easily.
5. Scoop the pumpkin out on a separate plate.
6. Heat a pan on medium heat. Melt butter in it.
7. Add the pumpkin pulp.
8. Add sugar, spices and mash the pumpkin with the wooden spoon. Keep cooking and mashing the pumpkin for 20-30 minutes till all the water is evaporated. Adjust sugar and spices depending on the taste of the pumpkin.
9. Add orange blossom water and honey. Reduce flame to low and let the pumpkin cook till it is completely dry. Stir it time and again.
10. Decorate the caramalized pumpkin with walnuts. Serve this salad either hot or cold.