- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Risotto Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Pancetta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Arborio rice/Carnaroli||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, dry|
|Clove||1 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 569 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.1 mg18.7%
Sodium 1248.5 mg52%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 48.7% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 33.7% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, heat some olive oil, and put onion and pancetta in it. Sauté and cook until soft.
2. Then add rice in the pot. Simmer and allow it to cook until the rice becomes translucent, and there is a browning at the bottom.
3. Pour wine in the pot. Stir and take out all the brown from the bottom of the pot.
4. Slowly add the broth in the pot, 1/4 cup at a time. Stir constantly.
5. Add pumpkin and spices to it. Put some brown sugar.
6. Stir in maple syrup; keep mixing and adding stock until the rice is cooked.
7. Sprinkle butter and parmesan cheese on top.
8. When the rice is cooked, sprinkle pepper and maple syrup on it.
9. Serve risotto hot with butter, parmesan and nutmeg powder garnish.
For baking pumpkin, cut pumpkin into half, remove the seeds and wash them thoroughly.
Lay them upside down on a cookie sheet. Place the sheet in oven at 275 degree for about 30 minutes.
Also put the seeds along with the pumpkin, add some butter, so that it becomes crisp.
You may also use processed pumpkin for making the dish.
When the pumpkin is baked, you can cut it into pieces and use it for risotto or puree it.
Do not add all the broth at a time. Wait until the liquid is absorbed.
You may also add a little bit of light cream to the dish.