- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Pumpkin Puree (Way Too Easy to Use a Can) Recipe Video
|Pumpkin||2 Small (pie pumpkins)|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.67 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.7 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 984.7% Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 14% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut off the tip of the pumpkin and slice it into half.
3. Scoop out the seeds (save it for later use).
4. Bake for 1 hour or till the flesh is soft.
5. Remove from oven and let it cool till it can be handled.
6. Scrape out the soft flesh and transfer into a blender and blend till smooth.
7. Use this puree to make recipes like pie, desserts etc or put in a freezer bag or air tight container and store in the freezer for over a year.