- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make this Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie - Try this Chiffon Style Recipe Video
|Egg yolk||3 (separated from whites)|
|Knox gelatin||7 Gram|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Low fat evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.5 mg
Sodium 407.4 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 47 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 194.4% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSaucepan
9 inch pie dish
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degree
2. Place the pie crust sheet in a 9 inch pie dish, pinch the edges and using a fork makes holes in the crust.
3. Cover the edges of the pie crust with silver foil. Bake the pie crust in the preheated oven as per manufacturer instructions. You can check after 5 minutes on the pie crust.
4. Separate the egg whites and yolks; keep the egg whites in the refrigerator, until needed.
5. Once the pie is ready remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
6. In a small bowl combine the knox gelatin in water, stir and keep it in the fridge.
7. In a saucepan combine the pumpkin, brown sugar and egg yolks, blend well and then add evaporated milk, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, stir everything well.
8. On medium high heat cook the pumpkin mixture for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
9. After 10 minutes the mixture should be firm in texture.
10. Turn off the heat and place the saucepan on a bowl of ice cubes so that the mixture is cooled rapidly.
11. At this point add the gelatin and stir it in, and let it cool for 15 minutes.
12. In a mixing bowl pour the egg whites and add sugar and salt, whip it with a hand blender until you achieve nice firm peaks.
13. Once done add the pumpkin mixture and fold it in the egg whites, and mix well until all ingredients have been incorporated well.
14. Pour the mixture in the pie crust and spread it evenly, once done refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
15. Serve the pumpkin pie with a nice dollop of whipped cream.
Use trader joe’s organic whipped cream highly recommended.