- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Parcels With Chilli And Lime Recipe
|Pumpkin/Squash||1 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg
Sodium 4.8 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.9%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 171.1% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Halve the pumpkin or squash, scoop out the seeds, rinse them and reserve. Then thinly slice the pumpkin or squash into wedges and peel.
2) In a large saucepan, heat the oil and butter together, stir constantly until melted. Then mix in the chilli sauce, lime rind and juice.
3) Add the pumpkin or squash alongwith the seeds into the pan and toss to coat well in the flavoured butter.
4) Place a quarter of the mixture on each of the 4 double thickness sheets of kitchen foil. Fold the kitchen foil to pack the pumpkin or squash mixture.
5) Grill the foil parcels for 15-25 minutes or until the pumpkin or squash is cooked.
6) Place the foil parcels in the warm serving plates, then open the parcels and serve immediately.