- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
|Pancake mix||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Maple nut syrup/Orange syrup||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.6 mg
Sodium 374 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 495.1% Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 325°.
2) Thoroughly wash the pumpkin and cut this in half along the width.
3) In a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan, place the pumpkin halves with cut side down.
4) Place the pan inside the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the pumpkin gets tender.
5) Take the peel away from pumpkin and discard the seeds.
6) In a food processor, add the pumpkin to puree into pulp.
7) Reserve 1/2 cup of pumpkin and place the remainder in an air-tight box inside refrigerator. This can be used for other purposes for up to 5 days.
8) In a large mixing bowl, add pancake mix, wheat germ, sugar and spices to combine.
9) In another bowl, beat in egg yolks.
10) Pour in milk and oil and add pumpkin. Mix together.
11) Quickly add this to dry ingredients, and stir well just to moisten. Make the batter to be lumpy.
12) In a bowl, beat egg whites to stiff.
13) Add this to the batter.
14) Use a lightly greased griddle, to fry the pancake by using about 1/4 cup batter for each.
15) Flip the pancakes to fry the other side, when the other side is cooked and bubbles come out.
16) Drizzle Maple-Nut Syrup or Orange Syrup on top of the pancakes to serve.