- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Ice cream and Pumpkin Creme Brulee Recipe Video
|Pumpkin||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked and pureed|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Quart|
|Whole milk||1 Quart|
|Vanilla bean||1 Medium|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7418 Calories from Fat 4117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 466 g716.4%
Saturated Fat 263.3 g1316.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5039 mg
Sodium 1627.4 mg67.8%
Total Carbohydrates 713 g237.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 661.2 g
Protein 143 g286.9%
Vitamin A 896.1% Vitamin C 63%
Calcium 224.9% Iron 95.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 345 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the Pumpkin Ice cream: Mix the nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, all spice and ginger powder into the pumpkin puree.
3. In a pan, heat the heavy cream, milk and vanilla bean.
4. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugar together.
5. Temper the hot milk mix into the eggs mixture, a little by little and stirring continuously.
6. Double boil the eggs and milk mix on the stove while stirring continuously.
7. Add the seasoned pumpkin puree into the eggs and milk and mix properly.
8. Cool off the mix on an ice bath and bring down to 85-90 degrees.
9. Next, add the mix into an ice cream maker and churn it.
10. Place the mix in the refrigerator for a 24 hours and ice cream is ready.
11. For the Pumpkin Creme Brulee: In a bowl, add 6 egg yolks.
12. Ladle 3 cups of the ice cream mix into the bowl and stir with a whisk.
13. Place the ramekin on a baking tray and add an inch of water for a water bath.
14. Ladle the egg yolks and ice cream mix into the ramekins.
15. Pop into the oven for 30-40 minutes.
16. Remove from oven and chill the ramekins in the refrigerator for an hour.
17. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar on top of the ramekin and caramelize it using a blow torch or a broiler.
18. Plate and serve both dishes as dessert.