- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Currant Bread Recipe
|All purpose flour||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (No Sugar Added)|
|Frozen egg substitute||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thawed|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried currants||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), plumped and drained|
|Walnuts||1 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped|
Calories 693 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.9 mg
Sodium 487.4 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 193.7% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, orange peel, baking soda, and baking powder; keep aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl, put together pumpkin, egg substitute, and oil; mix well.
4. Bring together both the pumpkin mixture and flour mixture; mix until moistened.
5. Stir in currants and walnuts.
6. Grease an 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2-inch nonstick loaf pan by spraying nonstick cooking spray.
7. In the greased pan, pour the batter.
8. Center the pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 50 minutes until golden brown.
9. Let the pan cool over a wire rack.
10. Cut and serve.