- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Creme Brulee Recipe Video
|Canned pumpkin||7 Ounce (1/2 can recommended. It just depends on how pumpkiny you like it.)|
|Sugar||8 Tablespoon (about 1/2 cup)|
|Light brown sugar||8 Tablespoon, packed (about 1/2 cup)|
|Egg yolks||6 Large|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon salt||1 Dash (Super Savory)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Caster sugar||8 Tablespoon (for the top)|
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56.1%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.1 mg87.4%
Sodium 49 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 46.2 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 107% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Whisk egg yolk and sugar.
3. In the meantime, bring cream to boil in medium saucepan.
4. Add the vanilla to the cream. Gradually whisk the cream into the egg/sugar mixture. Don’t over whip or you will get foam.
5. Whisk pumpkin, salt and spices and 1/2 cup brown sugar in large bowl.
6. Add the pumpkin mixture to the egg/sugar/cream mixture.
7. Divide mixture among eight ramekins.
8. Put the ramekins in a large pan. Add enough warm water to pans to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
9. Bake until custards are just set in center, about 35-45 minutes. Watch them because you may need to turn the temperature down if they are getting color on top.
10. Refrigerate custards until cold. You could do this in the freezer to speed up the process.
11. Sprinkle sugar on the top and shake off the excess. Let it rest a bit before caramelizing.
12. Place them under the broiler or use a torch if you have one to melt and scorch the sugar. You are looking for an amber color.
13. Refrigerate again and then serve. They should have a nice shine.
14. Watch the video for wine pairing tips!
Crème brulee is so rich that you need something bitter on top to balance the flavors.
You can make this recipe in advance.
You can substitute the pumpkin flavorings for any flavorings you like. We made pistachio in Cooking 101 and it was delicious.