- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze Recipe Video
|Duncan hines golden cake mix||18 Ounce (For Cake)|
|Can pumpkin||15 Ounce (For Cake)|
|Egg||2 (For Cake)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon (For Cake)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon (For Cake)|
|Vanilla extract||4 Teaspoon (3 tsp. For Cake and remaining for glazing)|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2 cup For Topping and remaining for the glaze)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Topping)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Glaze)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Glaze)|
|Vegetable oil spray||3 Dash (For greasing baking dish)|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 271.1 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 76.7% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Spray a 9x13" pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
4. Add in the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, granulated sugar and melted butter.
6. For the glaze, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and whipping cream in a saucepan and bring to a bowl. Remove from heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
7. Pour the cake batter into prepared pan.
8. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top of the cake, as evenly as possible.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick or cake tester inserted comes out clean.
10. Take out the cake from the oven, while cake is warm; poke holes in the top of the cake with a toothpick or skewer. Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces.
11. Serve cake with milk and enjoy!