- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Chili Recipe Video
|Pumpkin||1 Can (10 oz) (100% pumpkin mix with no spices)|
|Hominy||1 Can (10 oz), drained, rinsed|
|Red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained, rinsed|
|Tomatoes and chilies||1 Can (10 oz), diced (Rotel)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or more if needed)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Colby jack cheese||1 Tablespoon, shredded (for garnishing)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for garnishing)|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.6 mg
Sodium 1060.7 mg44.2%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.2%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 15 g30.5%
Vitamin A 110% Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot over medium high heat with olive oil, add in the onions and saute for 1 minute or until it becomes light brown. Add in the minced garlic and saute it for 30 seconds.
2. Add in the curry powder, stir for 30 seconds. Add in the canned pumpkin, mix well and saute it for 2 minutes.
3. On a medium heat, add in the tomato, chili paste, hominy, red kidney beans, continue stirring until well incorporated for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let the stew simmer for 40 minutes or until done.
5. Serve the pumpkin chili in small bowls, garnished with the Colby jack cheese or chopped cilantro.