- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Cake Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Mashed pumpkin/Winter squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Maple extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5065 Calories from Fat 1653
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g291.2%
Saturated Fat 37.1 g185.3%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 434.3 mg
Sodium 2114.1 mg88.1%
Total Carbohydrates 796 g265.2%
Dietary Fiber 54.3 g217.1%
Sugars 412.1 g
Protein 96 g191.2%
Vitamin A 337.4% Vitamin C 35.2%
Calcium 211% Iron 49.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease three 8" layer pans.
2) Into the bowl, add in the shortening. Slowly add in the brown sugar and regular sugar. Add in the eggs and pumpkin. Cream the mixture.
3) Sieve together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. 4) Add in the dry ingredients alternately with milk, into the egg mixture.
5) Gently fold in the walnuts and maple extract.
6) Transfer the batter into the cake pans.
7) Bake for about 30 minutes.
8) Let the Pumpkin Cake cool down before serving adn serve with ice cream.