- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Butter Buns Recipe
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2283 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.5%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.1 mg
Sodium 1435.3 mg59.8%
Total Carbohydrates 386 g128.8%
Dietary Fiber 25.9 g103.8%
Sugars 136.8 g
Protein 54 g108.5%
Vitamin A 388.2% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 120.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the milk, water, brown sugar, and oil until very warm. Stir into the dry mixture and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the pumpkin, egg, and wheat germ and beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Add the nuts and raisins and stir in enough flour to make a thick batter.
4. Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until light and bubbly.
5. Stir the batter down and fill muffin tins three-fourths full. Let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until light.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
7. Bake buns for 20 minutes, or until done. Let stand in pans for 5 minutes, then turn out on a rack to cool.