- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin Alfredo over Linguini by Rosalie Fiorino Harpole Recipe Video
|Half & half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||15 Ounce (Libby’s)|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sage leaves||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Linguine pasta||12 Ounce, boil|
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.8 mg
Sodium 349.6 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.2%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 15 g29.3%
Vitamin A 233.9% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 34.3% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedElectric skillet
1. Chop the fresh sage leaves and keep it aside.
2. Pour the half and half and the whole milk in the electric skillet and bring it to a gently boil.
3. In a bowl combine the pumpkin puree, apple spice, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt and cracked pepper, mix them well.
4. Once the milk has come to a boil reduce the heat and gently simmer, add the parmesan cheese to the milk and stir let the cheese melt.
5. Add the sage leaves and the pumpkin mixture mix well and let it simmer until the pasta is ready.
6. In a pot of water, boil the linguine pasta al dente.
7. Once done drain and add the linguine to the pumpkin sauce, followed by the butter.
8. Gently stir and let the butter melts and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
9. Serve the pumpkin Alfred over linguini hot along with crusty bread.
You can scoop out the flesh from the pumpkins and bake the shell, and serve the pasta in the shell.