- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpernickel-Parmesan Crusted Ribs Recipe Video
|Baby back ribs||4 Pound|
|Beer||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Pumpernickel bread||1⁄2 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese shavings||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.5 mg
Sodium 1089.2 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 39 g78.8%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 0.52%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the baby back ribs in a deep baking vessel and pour the beer all over it.
3. Pop the vessel into the oven for an hour.
4. For the Pumpernickel-Parmesan Crust: Break up the Pumpernickel bread and add to food processor to make crumbs.
5. Add the crumbs into a bowl.
6. Add the salt, oregano and Parmesan cheese and mix together.
7. Remove the ribs from the oven and add the crumbs mix all over the top.
8. Using a spoon, pour the beer at the bottom of the vessel over the bread.
9. Pop back into the oven for 15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
11. Pile the ribs over a serving platter and serve.