- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pulut Inty Recipe
|Glutinous rice||600 Gram|
|Grated coconut||2 (Use White Flesh Only)|
|Palm sugar||1 (Use 1 Stick)|
|White sugar||4 Teaspoon|
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.82 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.83%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.7% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl soak glutinous rice for a night. Drain and discard the water.
2) Press the first coconut cream from one coconut.
3) Add 1 cup of water and press second time. Let stand in separate bowls.
4) Steam rice for 15-20 minutes.until tender.
5) Add 1 tsp salt to the first pressing.
6) From the top pour out one third from the second pressing and add it to the first pressing. Reserve remaining for later use.
7) Take the rice from heat when cooked and mix coconut cream.
8) Place on heat again and steam for further 5 minutes until thick.
9) Grease a large cake tray with oil and flatten rice mixture into it using the back of a spoon. Keep aside to cool.
10) If it is possible to get the flower 'bungah telang', divide off one portion before spreading the rice.
11) To dye the rice with flowers, take 2 cups of blossom and pound well. Press out the juice and add juice of one lime. Use this as a natural blue dye for a quarter of the rice. Distribute randomly through the baking tray of white rice.
12) Melt gula melaka and sugar with remaining fresh grated coconut together to make coconut candy topping.
13) In a pan, fry it over very low heat for half an hour or until mixture is dry but not burned. Sugar will burn easily if cooked over high fire.
14) Cut cold rice into squares or other shapes.
15) Mound each piece with a teaspoonful of sweet coconut mixture on top.
16) Wrap the small desserts in fresh banana leaves or cellophane paper.
17) Serve chilled.