- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pulled Pork Barbeque | Paleo Recipe Video
|For the pork|
|Pork shoulder||3 Pound|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Avacado||1 Medium, wedged (Optional)|
|For the barbeque sauce|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Organic coconut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Teaspoon (Grade B)|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shallot||2 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Lime juice||2 Small|
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 87.4 mg
Sodium 444.6 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 28 g56.9%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedCrock pot or Souffle Dish
1. Chop the onion and garlic and keep it aside.
2. In a sauce pan, heat coconut oil on medium, Add garlic and shallots, and saute until soft and translucent.
3. Add mustard, smoked paprika, chipotle, cumin, and salt, and continue to saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add chicken broth, lime juice, maple syrup, and tomato paste, and whisk all ingredients until smooth.
5. Bring to a light boil, reduce to simmer, and slightly cover with a lid.
6. Simmer for 45 minutes, and let cool.
7. Rinse pork under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
8. Cut slits into pork and stuff with cloves of garlic, Place pork in crock pot and cover with chicken broth.
9. Cook pork on low for 8 hours.
10. Remove from crock pot, and let cool, Discard thick layers of fat and shred pork with two forks.
11. Toss pork with barbecue sauce.
12. Serve the pulled pork barbeque along with slices of avocado.
If you do not own a crock pot, you can also cook the pork in a covered soufflé dish in the oven at 250 for 8 hours, or overnight at 200.