- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puli Inchi - Tamarind-Ginger Pickle Recipe Video
|Ginger paste||200 Gram|
|Green chillies||50 Gram|
|Curry leaves||1⁄8 Bunch (12.5 gm)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Jaggery||100 Gram, crushed|
|Tamarind juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||100 Milliliter|
Calories 677 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.7%
Saturated Fat 43.5 g217.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1037.6 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 47.3 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 105.5%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot over medium high, heat oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let them splutter for a few seconds.
2. Add the ginger paste, green chillies and stir fry until golden brown. Once done, set aside.
3. In another pan over medium high, heat oil, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Stir well and let it cook for 30 seconds.
4. Pour in the tamarind juice, water, salt and stir well for 1 minute.
5. Add the jaggery and continue stirring it for another 1 minute.
6. Mix the ginger paste mixture into this liquid and mix well. Cook this mixture until the water has evaporated.
7. Serve the puli inchi or tamarind-ginger pickle with a bowl of steamed or boiled rice.