- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puffy Spanish Omelette Recipe
|Eggs||2 (Required For Omelet)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Sliced mushrooms||3 Ounce|
|Jumbo ripe olives||9 , thickly sliced (Pitted)|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 739 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.7%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g94%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 487.5 mg162.5%
Sodium 2597.6 mg108.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.5%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 140% Vitamin C 240.7%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make puffy omelets and set aside.
2. Prepare the sauce in a medium skillet, by melting hot butter, sauté the garlic, onion, celery, and green pepper until they are tender. This will take about 5 minutes.
3. Add salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, and tomato sauce; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes; cook, stirring, until heated through.
5. Serve on a heated platter, pour sauce over and garnish with watercress.