- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puffed Anchovy Pinwheels Recipe
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted, well drained|
|Canned anchovies||2 Ounce, well drained|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen puff pastry||8 Ounce, thawed|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 598.5 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a blender or a food processor, blend the olives, anchovies, capers, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce together into a puree.
3) Gradually stir in oil to make a smooth paste.
4) Roll out the pastry to 16x12 inch rectangle.
5) Spread over the anchovy filling, leaving a little border along the edges.
6) Roll up and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
7) Cut the roll into 1/4 inch slices and place over an ungreased baking sheet.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until light brown.
9) Serve in a nice plate.