- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puff Wrapped Caramel Apples Recipe Video
|Puff pastry sheets||245 Gram, thawed (Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Granny smith apples||4 Medium, peeled|
|Caramel sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 153.4 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 47.4 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
2. In a shallow bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar.
3. In a small bowl, make an egg wash for the pastry by beating an egg with water.
4. Using a melon baller, scoop the cores out of the peeled apples from the top, making sure to leave the bottoms intact.
5. Dredge the apples in cinnamon mixture and set aside.
6. Dust a clean work surface with flour and unfold one pastry sheet. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10x9-inch rectangle. Cut the sheet into 9 (1x10-inch) strips.
7. Take 2 of the strips and press the ends together to make one 20-inch strip. Repeat this with 6 of the remaining pastry strips. Cut 8 leaf shapes from the last pastry strip.
8. Wrap the apples with the pastry strips, starting at the bottom, wind 1 pastry strip around 1 apple, slightly overlapping the edges of the pastry.
9. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the caramel sauce into the center of each apple.
10. Top the apples with 2 pastry leaves, each.
11. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture and place the apples onto a baking sheet.
12. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
13. Serve Puff Wrapped Caramel Apples with vanilla ice cream.