- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puff Pastries with Tomato, Cranberry & Almond Pesto Recipe Video
|Puff pastry sheet||1|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|For pesto sauce|
|Grape tomato||1 Pound (Concerto Grape Tomatoes)|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 0.7 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 71 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.6%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 365 degree F.
2. Cut puff pastry sheet into bite size squares.
3. Lay them on a baking sheet, pierce the dough all over with a fork and brush with beaten egg.
4. Pop the sheet in oven and bake until golden brown.
5. Place a pot over medium heat, add tomatoes, cranberries, cranberry juice, and salt in it. Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the mixture has broken down and liquid has reduced by half.
6. Place mixture in a food processor and puree with slivered almonds.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Spoon the mixture onto puff tarts.
9. Garnish with cheese, if desired. Serve and enjoy!