- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puff Pastry Elephants Ears Recipe Video
|Puff pastry||1 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3383 Calories from Fat 1581
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 176 g270.3%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1149.8 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 407 g135.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.5%
Sugars 117 g
Protein 45 g90.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.4% Iron 94.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C/350 degree F.
2. Lightly dust a surface, place pastry and sprinkle some flour over it.
3. Roll out the pastry in a rectangle shape. Try not to roll it too much, the more you roll it, the less layers you will have.
4. Sprinkle some sugar over the pastry, spread it evenly.
5. Divide with an imaginary line and roll first one side and then the other side, until both are next to each other. Try to roll it tighly.
6. Turn the roll 180º angle, and slice it in 1/3 inch thick slices.
7. Place the elephant ears on a baking tray, try to leave enough space between them.
8. Sprinkle some sugar over each elephant ear.
9. Bake at 350ºF for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
10. Serve during tea time with tea or coffee.