- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puff Paste Recipe
|Ice water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 124.7 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 0.02 g0.01%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.24 g0.48%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 0.04%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly grease one baking sheet and line it with baking paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
4. Add ice water and stir gently using a spatula or a palette knife to bind the flour and make a stiff dough
5. Cover dough with cling film and rest for 20 minutes.
6. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough out into a rectangle of 1/4 inch thickness.
7. Cut butter small cubes.
8. Place butter cubes 1-inch apart on pastry
9. Fold pastry like a book, right and left portions over the center.
10. Rest for 10 minutes.
11. Repeat rolling, folding and resting
12. Wrap lightly in cling film and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
13. Reroll and fold two more times, chilling 10 minutes between each rolling.
14. Roll dough into an rectangle of 16 inches and 1/4 inch thick.
15. Cut into desired shapes.
16. Arrange on a baking sheet keeping 1 inch space between each
17. Bake preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until pastry has puffed and is golden brown
18. Remove and cool for 5 minutes
19. The puffs taste best when served warm.
20. You can use your own savory or sweet toppings on the puff.
Use the puff pastry to make pies, desserts or cheese straws if you want.