- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puerto Rican Sausage Stew Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sofrito sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sazon||2 Tablespoon (2 packets seasoning)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon (or pimento stuffed olives)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 can)|
|Onion soup powder||1 Tablespoon (1 packet) (Optional)|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, cubed|
|Vienna sausage||30 Ounce, halved with liquid (3 cans)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Medium, boiled, halved|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (arroz blanca)|
Calories 1094 Calories from Fat 698
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.6%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.7 mg
Sodium 4075 mg169.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 36 g71.4%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 41.7%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium pot on stove add olive oil. Turn heat to medium.
2. Add sofrito, sazon and capers. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Pour the tomato sauce, onion soup packet (if using) and season with salt to taste.
4. Add potato and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Put the Vienna Sausages, water and resume cooking for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
6. Put the halved boiled eggs and continue cooking for 5 more minutes on low heat.
7. In a serving plate, serve the stew with white rice (arroz blanca).