- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puerto Rican Rice and Beans Recipe Video
|Salmon||1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Red onion/Yellow onion||1 Large, diced (Organic)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Organic)|
|Shallots||1 , diced (Organic)|
|Green bell pepper||1 , diced (Organic)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm) (Organic)|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Organic)|
|Adobo||1 Tablespoon (Organic)|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned beans||10 Ounce (Organic)|
|Butternut squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For making steamed rice|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.5 mg
Sodium 397.5 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 22 g44.6%
Vitamin A 85.6% Vitamin C 81.2%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil water in a sauce pan and add in rice. Cook for 10 minutes and set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil and sauté salmon, onion, shallots, green bell pepper and garlic.
3. Add in tomato sauce, adobo seasoning, Cajun seasoning, coriander leaves and water from the canned beans. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in butternut squash, beans and water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. When beans are done take out the green bell pepper from it.
6. Serve beans with rice and enjoy!