- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prune Stuffed Pork Loin Roast Recipe
|Pitted prunes||15 Ounce, pitted (1 Package)|
|Cider||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Canned pineapple slices||8 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Boneless pork loin roast||8 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7608 Calories from Fat 2056
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 228 g350.8%
Saturated Fat 69.9 g349.7%
Trans Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 2866.8 mg
Sodium 8075.9 mg336.5%
Total Carbohydrates 318 g106%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.1%
Sugars 190.1 g
Protein 996 g1991.5%
Vitamin A 75% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 37% Iron 143.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325 degree.
2) Take a medium sized saucepand and combine cider and prunes.
3) Allow it to boil and then simmer it in low heat for 20 minutes.
4) Remove the mixture from heat and pour 1/2 cup sherry, stir well.
5) Pour the remaining 1/4 cup sherry over pineapple and set aside.
6) Sprinkle seasoning on the roast.
7) Arrange the roast in a roasting rack ensuring the fat side is down.
8) Keep aside 4 prunes in the liquid and take out the rest of the prunes using a slotted spoon and arrange on the roast.
9) Repeat the same procedure for the remaining roast.
10) Take a cord and tie the roast at 2-to 3-inch interval.
11) Take a meat thermometer and insert in the thickest part of meat, ensure the thermometer does not touch the fat or the prunes.
12) Bake at 325 degree or until the temperature in the thermometer reads 170 degree.
13) Keep basting occasionally with the reserved prune juice.
14) Take out pineapple slices from sherry and top the meat withit.
15) Sprinkle the reserved prunes on top of the roast and serve with pan drippings.