- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prune Chewies Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prune juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plumped prune||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Plump prune||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1297 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.4%
Saturated Fat 25.3 g126.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.2 mg
Sodium 172 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g67.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.4%
Sugars 122.2 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 44.7% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Mix ½ cup of brown sugar, flour and butter to a creamy, crumbly mixture.
3. Take a 9" x 9" x 2” greased pan and pat the mixture into it at 1 inch high.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Mix rest of the ½ cup brown sugar, salt, cornstarch, prunes, prune juice, lemon juice and lemon rind and cook till mixture thickens. Stir in walnuts and top the baked mixture.
6. Beat the eggs; stir in vanilla extract and coconut and top evenly above priune mixture.
7. Replace in the oven and bake for 35 minutes more.
8. Cool, cut into square pieces and serve.