- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prune Cake Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||5 Small, beaten|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked prunes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooled, pitted and cut into quarters|
|Nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10200 Calories from Fat 5024
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 562 g865.1%
Saturated Fat 126.3 g631.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1045.5 mg
Sodium 7390 mg307.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1206 g402.1%
Dietary Fiber 34.3 g137.4%
Sugars 811.3 g
Protein 128 g256.2%
Vitamin A 75.3% Vitamin C 0.63%
Calcium 60.2% Iron 121.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a bowl and add sugar, vanilla, eggs, and oil.
3. Blend flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl.
4. Combine the flour mixture and egg mixture by stirring them with hand.
5. Stir in prunes and buttermilk and blend it using hand.
6. Fold in nuts and combine it well.
7. Spoon it over greased and floured 12-cup baking pan.
8. Bake for an hour at 350°F until the toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out dry.
9. When done take out from oven and glaze it.
10. Prepare the glaze by melting the butter. Combine it with baking soda, sugar and buttermilk. Boil the mixture for a minute and fold in vanilla.
11. Spread the mixture over hot cake.
12. Serve it as required.