- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prune And Orange Compote Recipe
|Dried prunes||1 Pound, pitted|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned mandarin oranges||20 Ounce, drained (1 No. 2 Can)|
|Cointreau/Similar liquer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.6 g0.93%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.1 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 78.5 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 56.1% Vitamin C 107%
Calcium 7% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2-quart slow-cooker add prunes and cover them with water.
2. Cover pot with its lid.
3. Stew the prunes on HIGH for almost 1 1/2 hours or on LOW for about 3 hours.
4. Once the prunes are soft turn them into a large bowl
5. Stir the Cointreau, sugar and orange juice into the warm prune mixture.
6. Fold in the mandarin segments
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
8. Spoon the prune mixture into individual dessert bowls.