- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Provolone Pickups Recipe
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dill pickle||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|White bread slice||24|
|Provolone cheese||24 Ounce, sliced (3 Packages Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 Stick)|
Calories 1314 Calories from Fat 806
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138%
Saturated Fat 45.5 g227.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.5 mg
Sodium 2423.5 mg101%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 52 g103.6%
Vitamin A 44.6% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 130% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at (500°).
2. In a small bowl mix mayonnaise or salad dressing and pickle and spread 1 rounded teaspoonful on each slice of bread.
3. Place cheese on half the bread slices, cutting cheese to fit and top with remaining bread, spread side down.
4. Brush sandwiches lightly on both sides with melted butter or margarine and place on cookie sheets.
5. Bake in extremely hot oven for about 5 minutes until golden and cheese is melted.
6. Serve hot alongside beverages or as desired.