- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Provolone Bean Bake Recipe
|Salami||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, chopped (1 Can)|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned white beans/Red beans||40 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 1 Pound And 4 Ounces Each)|
|Sliced provolone cheese||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 1368.7 mg57%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g68.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 39 g77.1%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 55.3% Iron 57%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a large oven proof casserole, fry the salami over medium high heat.
3. When browned, remove using a slotted spoon, onto paper toweling and keep aside.
4. To the drippings in the casserole add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and lightly browned.
5. Tip in the remaining ingredients except the cheese and simmer for about 10 minutes until it reaches a boil.
6. Cover the casserole with its lid or with aluminum foil and transfer it to the preheated oven.
7. Bake in for almost 30 minutes.
8. Uncover and layer with salami and Provolone cheese
9. Return to oven or under broiler and bake 5 minutes until cheese melts.
10. Serve the beans directly from the casserole dish.