- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Provencale Chickpea Slather Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Fennel bulb||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Anise seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned garbanzo beans||19 Ounce (Chickpeas, 1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fennel ferns||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1465 Calories from Fat 920
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.7%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2320.1 mg96.7%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42.1%
Dietary Fiber 39.5 g158%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 39 g77.7%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 67%
Calcium 59.7% Iron 73.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-stick skillet, warm 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat.
2) Add the fennel, onion, garlic, and anise seeds.
3) Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
4) To this, add the chickpeas, white wine, Pernod, salt, and pepper.
5) Continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes over medium-low heat until most of the liquid is absorbed and the flavors blend together.
6) Stir in the fennel ferns.
7) In a food processor, coarsely puree the mixture in batches. You can add up to 2 tablespoons more oil if desired.
8) Adjust the seasonings and cool to room temperature.