- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan-Seared Prosciutto Wrapped Cod Recipe Video
|Prosciutto||4 Ounce (Italian Classics (Deli Dept), use 4 (1 ounce) slices)|
|Sage||4 Medium, fresh (leaves)|
|Codfish||4 Medium, Cleaned, filleted (6 Oz fillet each)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans Pan Searing)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans Pure)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Roasted sweet red pepper sauce||8 Ounce, warmed (1(8 oz) pack, Food You Feel Good About brand)|
Calories 6942 Calories from Fat 689
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.5%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3471.1 mg1157%
Sodium 4990.8 mg208%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.1%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 1437 g2874.7%
Vitamin A 124.2% Vitamin C 179.3%
Calcium 184.1% Iron 223.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a clean work surface lay slices of prosciutto.
2. Center 1 sage leaf on each prosciutto slice.
3. Top sage leaf with cod portion, wrap prosciutto around cod and season with pepper.
4. Dust cod "packet" with pan-searing flour, patting off excess and set aside.
5. In a pan, heat olive oil on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes.
6. Add cod packet, sage leaf-side down.
7. Turn over when cod changes color one-quarter of way up and seared side has turned paper bag-brown, about 5 min.
8. Reduce heat to MEDIUM and cook about 4 min, until internal temp reaches 120 degrees (check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of cod).
9. Add basting oil and butter to pan and swirl.
10. Baste with spoon, 1-3 min, until internal temp of cod reaches 130 degrees.
11. Transfer to clean platter and let rest at least 2 min.
12. Serve with warmed sauce.