- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan-Seared Prosciutto Wrapped Cod Recipe Video
|Prosciutto||4 Ounce (Italian Classics (Deli Dept), use 4 (1 ounce) slices)|
|Sage||4 Medium, fresh (leaves)|
|Cod fish fillet||4 Medium, Cleaned, filleted (6 Oz each)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans Pan Searing)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans Pure)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Roasted sweet red pepper sauce||8 Ounce, warmed (1(8 oz) pack, Food You Feel Good About brand)|
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.7 mg
Sodium 762.1 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.1%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 43 g85.4%
Vitamin A 61.6% Vitamin C 48.8%
Calcium 58.8% Iron 58.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a clean work surface lay slices of prosciutto.
2. Center 1 sage leaf on each prosciutto slice.
3. Top sage leaf with cod portion, wrap prosciutto around cod and season with pepper.
4. Dust cod "packet" with pan-searing flour, patting off excess and set aside.
5. In a pan, heat olive oil on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes.
6. Add cod packet, sage leaf-side down.
7. Turn over when cod changes color one-quarter of way up and seared side has turned paper bag-brown, about 5 min.
8. Reduce heat to MEDIUM and cook about 4 min, until internal temp reaches 120 degrees (check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of cod).
9. Add basting oil and butter to pan and swirl.
10. Baste with spoon, 1-3 min, until internal temp of cod reaches 130 degrees.
11. Transfer to clean platter and let rest at least 2 min.
12. Serve with warmed sauce.