- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Prosciutto Palmiers Recipe Video
|Puff pastry||1 Pound, frozen, thawed|
|Creole mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prosciutto||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.8 mg
Sodium 833 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 11 g21.5%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.3% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Take 1 sheet of the puff pastry, open up, and place on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin roll it out to half its current thickness.
3. Spread the mustard in the middle of the puff pastry sheet within 1 inch from the sides. Place prosciutto slices over the mustard.
4. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the prosciutto.
5. Lengthwise start tightly rolling one end to the middle. Starting from the other side start rolling to the middle
6. Slice into 3/4 inch slices.
7. Repeat with the other sheets.
8. Place the slices 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Flip the slices over and brush with the remaining egg wash and bake for an additional 7 to 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool and serve.