- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prosciutto and Fruit Salad Recipe
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cantaloupe||1⁄2 Medium, seeded|
|Honeydew melon||1⁄2 Medium, seeded|
|Prosciutto/Fully cooked ham||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Peach/Nectarine, pitted and sliced||1 Large, peeled, pitted and sliced|
|Halved strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped pistachio nuts||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 694 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.2 mg
Sodium 1395.5 mg58.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 52.4 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 241.4% Vitamin C 324.5%
Calcium 12% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For making the dressing in a small bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form and fold in mayonnaise and blue cheese.
2. To make dressing of desired consistency optionally stir in milk.
3. With cover let it chill until serving time.
4. Using a melon-ball cutter, from cantaloupe and honeydew melon, scoop pulp.
5. With lettuce leaves line 4 dinner plates and roll up each slice of meat jelly-roll style.
6. On one side of each plate arrange the rolled meat slices.
7. Along the other side of each plate, arrange cantaloupe and honeydew melon balls, peach or nectarine slices and strawberries.
8. Over the top of each salad spoon dressing, sprinkle with pistachio nuts and serve.