- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prop Man's Special Vegetable Rice Casserole Recipe
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), strips|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Pound (Natural)|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g70.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.6 mg
Sodium 383.2 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 42.9% Vitamin C 74.1%
Calcium 45.7% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare rice.
2) Heat butter and sautÃ© celery, green onions and green peppers in it until just wilted.
3) Mix together rice and vegetables.
4) Stir in chunks of cheese and sliced tomatoes.
5) Cook the mixture over low heat till cheese melts and tomatoes are slightly cooked.
6) Cook the vegetables as little as possible for better result.
7) Serve hot at once.