- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Princess Gateau Recipe
|Orange syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use As Needed)|
|Cream filling||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use As Needed)|
|Marzipan||14 Ounce (Two 7 Ounce Each Packages)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2727 Calories from Fat 432
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.1%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.4 mg
Sodium 579.4 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 537 g179.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 392.9 g
Protein 42 g84.4%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 135.1% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Spoon all the cream filling onto bottom cake half; if it flows over the sides, set cake in the refrigerator for a few minutes until filling is firm enough to stay in place, then scrape it back on top.
3. Set remaining cake half, cut side down, on filling, aligning neatly with bottom half. With a short spatula held upright against cake sides, smooth filling into crevices between the layers. Cover airtight with a large inverted bowl and chill at least 1 hour.
4. With a thin skewer, pierce top of cake (but not filling) at 1/2-inch intervals, then slowly spoon remaining orange syrup over cake, letting it soak in. Cover cake with bowl again and chill while you roll out marzipan.
5. With your hands, knead marzipan into a single lump, then pat into a 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick round, pressing edges to keep them smooth. With a rolling pin, roll marzipan between 2 sheets of plastic wrap (keep smooth) to make a neat round 14 to 15 inches wide (lift plastic occasionally to press cracking edges together, then lay plastic back on top).
6. Pull off top piece of plastic wrap. Supporting marzipan with bottom piece of plastic wrap, invert it over cake, center, lay it on cake, and peel off wrap. Gently press marzipan neatly against sides of cake and plate rim around cake. With a knife or fluted ravioli cutter, trim marzipan flush with cake base on plate.