- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prime Rib Roast With Au Jus Recipe Video
|Kosher salt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black peppercorn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), sliced thin into slivers|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Standing rib roast||8 1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef broth||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
Calories 1749 Calories from Fat 1041
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.4%
Saturated Fat 42.1 g210.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 726.9 mg
Sodium 16353.7 mg681.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.5%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 156 g311.8%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Take the prime rib and with a knife make little cuts to insert the garlic cloves. Do this all over the prime rib.
3. Coat the prime rib with vegetable oil. Pat the salt mixture all over the prime rib. Place in a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Remove the roast from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature this should take 30 minutes. Place the roasting rack in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
5. Add the prime rib fat side up onto the rack and roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Turn down the oven heat to 325 degrees and cover the roast with aluminum foil to prevent the meat from burning.
7. Roast until the meat reaches a temperature of 125 to 130 degrees which is medium rare. About 15 to 20 minutes per pound. Remove and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
8. To make the Au Jus strain the pan juices from the roasting pan and skim off any fat. Place the roasting pan on top of your stove top burners over high heat. Add the pan juices, beef broth, and red wine. Scrape up any of the brown bits left on the pan. Cook until there is about 1 1/4 cup of liquid left. Whisk in 4 tablespoons of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
For more information please visit http://www.SimpleFoodie.com/