- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pressure Cooker Chicken Stock Recipe
|Celery||2 , chopped|
|Shallot||3 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon, rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2256 Calories from Fat 1035
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.1%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g155.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 607.8 mg
Sodium 1139.7 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.9%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 195 g390%
Vitamin A 163.1% Vitamin C 114.3%
Calcium 46.9% Iron 121.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 6 quarts pressure cooker, place the chicken pieces and cover with 2 quarts (2 liters) of cold water so that the pot is full only up to 2/3 capacity.
2) Bring the water to a slow boil and skim off any surface scum.
3) Stir in rest of the ingredients.
4) Place the lid, bring up the pressure to 15 pounds and cook for 30 minutes.
5) Then turn off the heat and lower the pressure immediately.
6) Take off the pressure cooker lid and allow to slightly cool down.
7) Skim off all the surface fat, strain out all the solids and store the broth in the refrigerator.
8) Use as required.