- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dr. Bob DeMaria Lamb Roast Pressure Cooked Finished Recipe Video
|Lamb shank/Lamb roast||4|
|Brown rice flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For dusting)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onions||1 , sliced|
|Carrots||3 , diced|
|Yukon gold potato||3 Large, cubed (or sweet potatoes or yam)|
|Northern beans||10 Ounce (1 can)|
|Chunky tomato pasta sauce||10 Ounce, diced|
|Celtic sea salt||To Taste|
|Tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
Calories 1128 Calories from Fat 539
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.1%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.2 mg76.4%
Sodium 822.3 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g69.8%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 81 g162%
Vitamin A 165.6% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 58.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dredge the lamb in flour.
2. In a pan heat olive oil. Place the lamb and brown it on all sides. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, put the onions and caramelize the onions. Set aside.
4. In a pressure cooker put the tomato soup. Add all the ingredients with the tomatoes at the end. Pour enough water to cook all the ingredients.
5. Put the pressure cooker on high heat for 15 minutes. Once the pressure builds up, lower the temperature and continue cooking for 1 hour.
6. Turn off the heat and let the pressure cooker sit for around 15 minutes to release the pressure before opening it.
7. In a serving plate, serve the lamb with brown rice.