- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pressure Cook Brown Rice in 10 Minutes Recipe Video
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garilc powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (1.5 cups for rice and 2.5 cups in cooker)|
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 246.3 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needaluminium foil,
1. In a pressure cooker bowl, place together rice, salt, garlic powder and 1-½ cups of water.
2. Cover the bowl with aluminium foil, cover tightly but leaving extra foil on top to rise with steam.
3. In a pressure cooker, place the cooker rack and pour in 2 ½ cups of water.
4. Check cooker lid for rubber seal and pressure regulator.
5. Place the pressure cooker on medium high heat.
6. As the pressure starts to form and the regulator starts to wobble, lower the heat to medium low, and cook to 10 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and take the pressure cooker off the stove and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
8. After 10 minutes, remove the pressure regulator, lid and allow the rice to rest in pot for 5 minutes more.
9. After 5 minutes, remove the bowl from pressure cooker, remove the foil and fluff up the rice with fork.
10. Serve the rice as desired.
It is not safe to open the lid before the cooker is cooled down on its own.