- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pressed Sandwich Recipe Video
|Ciabatta bread||1 , sliced in half (1 loaf)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce|
|Prosciutto||3 Ounce, sliced thinly|
|Marinated and quartered artichoke||5 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Spinach||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.3%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.1 mg16.7%
Sodium 1242.5 mg51.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 19 g38.6%
Vitamin A 48.1% Vitamin C 77.8%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp serrated knife, slice the ciabatta in half, and remove some of the inside from both the slices.
2. In a bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
3. Whisk the balsamic mixture slowly and drizzle in the olive oil.
4. Brush or pour the vinaigrette on both the bread slices, and set aside.
5. On a gas burner, place a bell pepper and char is until it all the sides turn black, turning frequently.
6. Remove it off the heat, place in a bowl and cover with foil and set aside and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
7. After 5 minutes, cut the sides on bell pepper, leaving just the stem and the seeds, discard it.
8. Using the back of the knife, peel of the skin from the bell pepper pieces.
9. Further cut the bell peppers in thin strips and arrange it on the bread slices.
10. Crumble the goat cheese over the bell peppers and put salami and prosciutto on it.
11. Arrange the artichoke all over the top.
12. Sprinkle parmesan cheese followed with oregano and place spinach over it.
13. Cover with the other slices of ciabatta and wrap the sandwich with foil.
14. In a pan, place the foil wrapped sandwich and top with another heavy pan, and leave the heavy pan on for about 20 minutes.
15. Unwrap, cut the sandwich in strips and serve as desired.
If you don’t have gas burner, put your oven on broiler and broil the bell pepper until it turns black, turning frequently.